Cedars Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Staff, governors and volunteers require an enhanced DBS disclosure and to undertake annual safeguarding training.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead is .
The Designated Safeguarding Governor is
The Additional Designated Safeguarding Leads are and
The Designated Person for Looked After Children (CLA/LAC) and Pupil Premium Champion is
- CAF/TAF Leads are
- EY Supervision Lead is
- Online Safety Lead is
- Safeguarding Children with SEND Lead is
- Safer Recruitment Lead
- Prevent Lead is
Child Protection and Safeguarding
Cedars Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting children’s welfare and expects all staff, governors, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment and maintain a vigilant and safe environment. Everyone has a responsibility to act without delay to protect children by reporting anything that might suggest a child is being abused or neglected. It is our willingness to work safely and challenge inappropriate behaviours that underpins this commitment. The school seeks to work in partnership with families and other agencies to improve the outcomes for children who are vulnerable or in need. We believe that all children have the right to feel safe and protected from harm in an environment, which values and respects each child as an individual.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development; and
- ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- undertaking that role so as to enable those children to have optimum life chances and to enter adulthood successfully.
For further information please read the Policy below:
Other safeguarding documents
Internet and E Safety